We are praising God for His provision yet again!
A big thank you to the members of our dedicated steering committee who have worked tirelessly to establish the local Winnipeg, Manitoba, chapter of Safe Families Canada! After much prayer and hard work the site is now up and running.
We already have 30 volunteers who are being screened to serve families-in-crisis in the Winnipeg community and within a few weeks time our first cohort of Host Families will be approved, trained, and ready to start hosting children!
SFC has hired Sandee Harder as the Winnipeg Regional Coordinator and she is now managing all aspects of the program. Sandee has a great love for vulnerable children and a passion to see the restoration of families. Sandee has worked with single parents and low income families for the past 23 years as a Project Officer with the Province of Manitoba. She holds a Masters of Biblical Counselling from Providence Theological Seminary.
Winnipeggers, get involved!
Here are some things you can do:
- Volunteer to host a child in your home.
- Volunteer to support and mentor a parent in temporary crisis.
- Volunteer in another support role.
- Engage your local church with Safe Families.
- Spread the word — tell your friends and family about Safe Families.
- Donate — Safe Families operates entirely on donations and needs ongoing funding to sustain the program.
If you’re interested in any of the above, contact Sandee by:
E-mail — email@example.com
Phone — (204) 891-6234
Mailing address & Office Location — Safe Families Winnipeg, 1445 Callsbeck Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R2K 4K4