Refer a Family-in-Need
To refer a family-in-crisis to Safe Families, please use the following contact information for each location:
Parents can call us directly to seek support from a Safe Family and others can also make a referral on their behalf.
When you call or e-mail us to request help or make a referral, we will initially want to know the following:
- What is the situation the parent is facing?
- How many children need care and how old are they?
- How long do they anticipate needing care and how soon?
- Are the children in school or daycare?
- Do the children have any major special needs?
Once we have this information, we will begin contacting our Host Families to find the best fit to host the children. When we have confirmed their availability, we will contact the person who made the referral for more information and will begin making arrangements for the placement, including getting the necessary paperwork filled out.