Safe Families is committed to supporting parents and bringing love and healing into families that are often isolated and alone.
By becoming a Family Friend, your mentoring relationship becomes the cornerstone of healthy living and healing as you support and strengthen a struggling family so that they may thrive.
Responsibilities of a Family Friend may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing friendship
- Listening when a parent wants to talk
- Providing encouragement when a parent needs a little extra support
- Sharing helpful information about parenting and life in general
- Connecting needy parents to a vast resource network of services and items available at minimal cost.
- Supporting parents with children placed with Host Families
- Advocating with/for families seeking the proper academic setting, mental and physical health opportunities and other resources for their children.
Family Friends are trained volunteers that are supported by a network of resources that includes: community development organizations, schools, clinics, counseling and churches.